Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Tall, Dark, and Handsome Turnovers

So, I posted a photo on my facebook yesterday, and it caused a bit of a commotion. I don't know if it's the novelty of eating chocolate for breakfast, or if it's just that I pretty much admitted that I'd rather be laying in bed with this treat than getting up and doing anything productive (see caption), but people seemed overly overly scandalized, if not envious, so I figured I'd come clean about how easy it was, and post the recipe so everyone can enjoy it. I should also admit, that yes, I did make myself go to work after I made this.

Here it is:

Ingredients:
  • 1 ready made (refrigerated) puff-pastry pie crust (I usually like Pillsbury, but this time I used one from Whole Foods because it was the only one I could find. Don't judge me). 
  • 1 1/2 cups blackberries (or raspberries)
  • 4 tbsp. Nutella



Spread out the pastry dough and cut into quarters. Dollop one tablespoon of nutella onto each quarter. Top each quarter with whole berries, and then fold up the corners (like a three-cornered hat!). Bake in the oven at 450 for forty minutes or until golden brown and flaky.

Turnovers. As in, "I'd like to turnover and go back to bed with this".

At the end of that 40 minutes of baking, your kitchen is going to be filled with the most delightful bubbling, berry and chocolate aroma, which will effectively paralyze you and force you to stay in bed and eat this.

At least, that's what you should tell your boss happened when you show up late for work with chocolate on your face.

No comments:

Post a Comment