Sunday, April 1, 2012

Back.

That's right. I'm back. So much has happened since I decided to end this blog. I moved out of my tiny studio in Venice and into a four bedroom house with 3 other girls, a quirky dog, and a Los Angeles address. I got sad. I bought a car. I tried to leave the state. I started a new blog. I gave up my new blog. I met new people. My parents moved away. I reconnected with old people. I had crushes. I had drama. I bought a bed. I quit my job. I found a new job. I started running. I stopped caring. I painted. I staycationed. I watched too much tv. I learned to play poker. I took a dance class. I got happier.

And here I am now. I went through this phase where I felt like the life I was living wasn't enough and somehow I needed to BE more significant, and I didn't want to write about being me anymore because it felt lame, and played out. I'm almost 25. People around me have kids, and mortgages, and husbands, and promotions, and graduate degrees. I don't have those things, but I'm okay with that, because I have friends, and plans, and love, and light and that's all I really need. And when you think about it, there's something remarkable about taking those things and allowing yourself to be satisfied with them and cherishing the present while charging full speed ahead into the future.

Things have changed a lot for me. Tomorrow is the first day of my brand new job. I am nervous and excited. My shiny new pumps are set out beside my shiny new pens and my shiny new coffee mug. It feels like the first day of school.

Things have also stayed the same for me. Today I went to the beach, and the farmers market, and talked to strangers and ate street food.

So for everyone who cared to read my blog before, I'm back. Still me. Still the same. I'm just wearing shiny new pumps and pencil skirts now, and living in a big house in a beach suburb instead of a shoebox in a beach city. I'm also laughing, learning, and making mistakes, and usually that's kind of fun to watch.

So here's to figuring it out.

2 comments:

  1. I am always proud of you. Miss you loads.
    xoxo, A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! So glad to see that this is back up and running :)

    ReplyDelete