Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Love and Let Go.


2011 was a wonderful year for me. I experienced so many new things, in particular, living alone, exploring a new city, and I couldn't be happier with the little niche that I carved out for myself in Venice. 
Having said that, it's time for a new chapter. It's 2012, and the changes keep coming. I bought a new car, I'm trying out some new hobbies, pursuing some new goals, and part of this new growth involves moving out of Venice. It's hard, and it feels kind of like a break up. I keep reminding myself though that every time I've gone through a break up, I've experienced a little bit of relief. Relief, because everything happens for a reason, and the hope that nothing good can begin with out something else coming to an end. Relief at the idea that this experience has changed you somehow for the better.

This week I'm moving in a with a great group of girlfriends in LA, and I am so very excited. Excited for roommates, excited for having a full kitchen, excited for living in a neighborhood where people aren't digging through your garbage at 3AM. I am hopeful for new beginnings. Of course I'll miss Venice: the boardwalk, the beach, the farmer's market (that's a tough one to leave. I wish I could just live at a farmers market),  and my sweet studio that's so tiny I have to go in the bathroom to change my mind. 

The final change that I'm going through, is that this blog is coming to an end. I started it as a way to document my life in Venice, and it's been a great place to share my experiences, trials, and accomplishments, but since my time in Venice is ending, this blog has run it's course. Now before all ten of my followers freak out (that means you, Mom) I'm starting a new blog! It's a shorter format, but I'll be able to update it more often. Don't worry, I'm not abandoning the blogosphere. I'll post the link as soon as it's live. 
So farewell for now. Here's to 2012 and new beginnings. It's time to lose sight of the shore again.

1 comment: