Tuesday, January 25, 2011

My car was here at 7:15, my brain should be here shortly.

This year I made tons of New Years resolutions, and one of them was to be more punctual. I am a lot of things: good with words, fashion savvy, creative, sometimes funny, but being on time is not one of my stand out qualities. So, my new vow was to get to work on time every day this year. Well kids, here it is, mark it down, the 25th day of January, and I was late to work. Resolution Fail. Now, normally I try not to post things that I wouldn't want an employer to read about me on the internet, but I'm fairly sure that this is something that has happened to everyone at some point, so you know, people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones (or something).

So here's my latest list:


You Might Be Late For Work If...

1. You woke up and had to make the following decision: Shower, Hair, Make-up. Pick two. 

2. You convinced yourself that your alarm must be broken, because there's no possible way it's morning yet.

3. You put on the exact same pants you wore yesterday because they were the closest to your bed, but you rationalize that no one will notice as long as you wear a highly distracting animal print sweater and different heels with said pants.

4. You scrambled to pack a lunch, and then forgot a fork.

5. You made coffee, and then realized that all of your mugs and tumblers were dirty, so you drank it out of this: 




It really is going to be a great day. Thank God for Mother's Day mugs from someone else's third grader. Happy Tuesday.

3 comments:

  1. I think your readers deserve to know that you were only late after you drove all the way to Santa Barbara to comfort your grieving mother the night before...then headed home after an exhausting evening filled with an above average dose of family drama and take out. Any employer with a beating heart would understand...right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to take that mug to work. I loved setting it on my desk and having people wonder a) how old I must have been when I gave birth to my son b) why he did not look at all like his mother.

    ReplyDelete