Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Let's Stay Home and Build a Fort.

Sometimes I get a thought in my head, and it completely takes over what I'm doing.

I had an outdoor photo shoot at work yesterday, and in the morning before the client showed up, I was intently checking the weather forecast. I noted that it's supposed to rain heavily on Wednesday, and then my brain did the following backflip:

1. Rain, yay! I like rain.

2. I wish I could stay home when it rained.  How many sick/vacation days do I have?

3. I could bake something, and read books, listen to music and drink coffee.

4. Gosh. I can't top that.

5. ...Unless I did all of that in a BLANKET FORT!

And that is why every 4th thought that has entered my head in the past 36 hours has been about the joys, and proper construction and enjoyment of blanket forts. I'm obsessed, and sometime in the near future (like maybe tomorrow), I will be making a blanket fort. Never mind that I haven't attempted one since I was 11. I can't think of anything happier than pulling all of the sheets off my bed and cushions off my couch coupled with the absolute triumph of building the perfect fort.

Honestly, I think there should be a national holiday devoted to building blanket forts. 

In the meantime, I'll settle for looking at these fun/cute/sultry blanket forts that other people have made.

Classic dining room fort. I love the scarves. Via http://realitystolemyunicorn.tumblr.com/


This one is pretty rudimentary, but it gets points for the paper clouds. Via apartmenttherapy.com



Chaos fort. Via mckayjoice.blogspot.com




My favorite one, by far. I need this. Via Design*Sponge
So, if you can find a better blanket fort than this last one, send it my way, because I always need inspiration. Also, if you are a blanket fort ingenue, or you just have an extra sheet or flashlight to contribute, come talk to me... blanket forts are always more fun with friends.

P.S. Special thanks to Jessica Rotter for her "October" playlist linked above.

P.P.S. Seriously, comment away if you want to come help with my fort.

No comments:

Post a Comment