Thursday, October 6, 2011

Let's Stay Home: Part II

I bet you thought I was kidding about the fort.


Well I wasn't. And although I didn't get to skip work to make it, and although it had already stopped raining by the time I got home, that didn't stop me from getting super excited about hanging bed sheets from my walls and ceilings with push-pins and paper clips, and it certainly didn't stop Annalise, Lauren and me from scampering inside the fort and then giggling like 1st graders when I turned the lights off.







Obviously, our fort activities included eating snacks (I made chili), talking about boys, and discussing work, telling ghost stories. Seriously, if you need a break from being an adult, I highly recommend you build a blanket fort.







Got bills to pay? and 30 emails to send before 9AM? and a stupid boyfriend? Not in a fort, you don't!!!







Blanket forts pretty much erase all problems, at least temporarily. And the best part is, when you inevitably stay up too late having fun, it's totally acceptable to fall asleep in there.

                                                            
Which is what I did last night. My inner child had sweet dreams. And when I woke up, and had to put on slacks and heels and make up and go to work, I didn't mind so much, because I slept in for 5 minutes longer, because I didn't have to make my bed.

I'm an adult like a Pop Tart is a complete breakfast, and I'm just fine with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment