Wednesday, March 30, 2011

My New Favorite Plaything.

Anyone who read my most recent post prior to this one probably knows the depth of despair that I was wallowing in due to finding out that I will never be able to own my own petite lap giraffe as a pet, but as a reader of my blog, you should also know that I am prone to extreme highs and lows. Which is why I have completely forgotten about lap giraffes, pets, and sadness, and now want to rave about my new toy. 

It's called picnik.com

Despite what you're thinking, it's not a website for packing tasty outdoor treats; no, it's so much more exciting than that. It's FREE photo editing tools that are on the internet. If you're wondering why I'm excited about this, then it's clearly because you haven't had the experience of thinking to yourself "Hmm, it might be kind of cool to have Photoshop on my computer so that I can touch up some of those pictures I wanted to put on my blog.", and then found out that the latest version of Photoshop costs a whopping $400. Furthermore, if you're like me, and your computer is a Dell-o-saurus Rex, it would probably crash if you put Photoshop on it. Picnik erases that problem, because not only is it all online, it also stores your pictures, and all of the edits you make to each picture on your account. Did I mention it's free?  It's literally God's gift to bloggers. 

So now, credit where credit is due: I found this website through a very cute blog called Kitchen Corners, which is written by an adorable Brazilian mother of two named Damaris. She initially was using Picnik to edit pictures which she then used to make t-shirts for her son's birthday party. Anyway, she's a doll, you can check out her blog here:  http://www.kitchencorners.com/

Without further ado, here's what I've been tinkering with on Picnik, and believe it or not, this is only a small sample of what you can do with the tools and filters they offer. Agh, I'm having way too much fun.


1. Swanky Calabasas birthday parties. Photo cred to the woman who kept bringing us appetizers.


2. The cute people who made me from scratch. Photo credit: Curtis Simpson Photography



3. Da Jabon Market at the Dominican/Haitian border when I visited in 2008.


4. Beach with friends in the Dominican Republic.


5. Busy streets of Monte Cristi.
  

6. B-dub being affectionate at an ice cream shop in DR.


7. Friends at Malibu Family Wines. Photo Credit: Liz Abend (soon to be Navarro!)


8. Roses from my Mom's garden (FYI this was taken on my Blackberry).


9. Droid phones and cuddle buddies. Photo Credit: Sarah D.


10. Co-chairs. Dodgeball. 80's Ladies. Photo Credit: Co-Kelly

1 comment:

  1. I freaking love that co picture. I need to frame it.

    ReplyDelete