Monday, August 22, 2011

Late Summer Fun.

There are few things I love more than a late summer picnic.


But if I had to list the few things I love more, I would say dusk, friends' birthdays, impromptu photo shoots, old western towns, picnic baskets, and sparkling wine.

Last night I got to have all of those things.



It was the perfect end to one of those weekends that doesn't quite go as planned. Friday afternoon I had a work emergency, and had to stay late. Saturday, I had to work again on account of the work emergency. Saturday afternoon I spent shopping and watching the most awful movie Anne Hathaway has ever been in. Luckily, my friend Caitlin suffered through that tribulation with me, and we both left in a foul morbid mood. 

By the time Saturday night rolled around, I was a wet blanket. I didn't want to go out, or party, or dress up. So I didn't. I stayed home and *crafted. By the time Sunday rolled around, I couldn't have been more thrilled to go celebrate my lovely friend Jess' 24th birthday with a picnic at Paramount Ranch. And what a celebration it was. I think it was just what I needed to snap me out of my funk.

So cheers to birthdays, and old friends, and new friends, and late summer evening picnics! Sometimes that's all you need.
Paramount Ranch is a little slice of heaven.



Birthday Girl Jess & Lovely LoCar.
Picnic Buddies!

That's cute.

Pepp/Oaks gal pals.




*P.S. - I made the picnic basket I brought (see picture 1). Check back here in a couple of days for a DIY how-to. It was a hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment